As of tomorrow, I will be embarking on a trip to France for about two weeks. While I am there, I hope to have at least a couple of chances to update on my perception of the country, and its similarities and differences to the way that we live here in the USA.
We will be staying for most of the time in Nantes, a province in Brittany. About four days will be spent in Paris, doing the tourism thing. As this is my first time out of the country (ever...wtf?) any experience will be completely new, and I can't possibly compare it to any other. Traveling in the United States is really not all that different. Even Hawaii is just an Americanized tourism spot to make you think you are in an exotic area. Don't get me wrong...I love Hawaii. I would live there, honest to God. It's just not a foreign country.
Below are listed some key points that will most likely be discussed in blog entries to come:
1. I don't speak French. Not much anyways. So that should be interesting. Good thing I am going to be with a few people who speak both French and English.
2. A LOT of amazing food is about to be had. And I am somewhat under-nourished, due to my college budget. Gotta stretch out that stomach.
3. MUSEUMS........(that was for you Lee Marie) No but seriously, I love museums, and I am thoroughly excited to be visiting some of the most famous in the world.
4. There will be pictures. SOO many pictures. Any one who knows me, knows that I already go nowhere without my camera (double negative is in no way not necessary), and this is NO exception. I will be posting them on Facebook, and for those of you not on Facebook, I will share the albums to your email, upon request.
5. I have the soundtrack music for Ratatouille stuck in my head. Very French, non?
And for now, bonsoir, mes amies!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Devin. I'm leaving a comment on your post.
ReplyDelete...
<3 Ratatouille!!
Also, what's the name of the town you're going to at some point? It kinda sounds like poo-poo-kaka?
... HAVE A SAFE FLIGHT AND I'LL TALK TO YOU... NOW.
Cheers,
Armand
Carquefou, you loser. The people of France fart in your general direction.
ReplyDelete