Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dead.

Our itinerary on Friday looked like this:

3:30 Boston to Chicago flight
5:30 Chicago to Paris flight

Our itinerary ended up looking like this:

3:30 Board airplane
5:30 Take off
6:40 Arrive in Chicago
6:40 Realize there is no chance of having made our flight to Paris
6:50 Stand in line for customer service
8:00 Talk to customer service person
8:20 Receive tickets that will reroute us to Washington Dulles the next day
9:00 Eat cheap Chinese food to stave off starvation
10:10 Arrive at hotel (which we were permitted to stay in as long as we paid despite the discount of a whopping %60 off, even though it was in no way our fault that we missed our flight)
11:20 Try to get to sleep in our relatively nice hotel room
1:42   Receive call from Holly Bittinger in an effort to try to see her before we left Chicago.
2:30  Finally get back to sleep.
7:30  Ignore alarm
7:40  Ignore alarm
7:49  Finally wake up and take a shower to meet Holly for breakfast
8:30  Eat breakfast with no ability for conversation.
9:30  Say goodbye
10:30 Leave for airport
11:08 "Boy am I glad we got through security TWO HOURS before our flight leaves."
1:08   Leave Chicago
4:00  Land in Washington Dulles
5:20  Leave Washington Dulles for Paris

This all seems to be a little more complicated than we had originally anticipated.

The aforementioned "itinerary" contained effectively no emotion.  Internally I was kicking myself for leaving so many people alive.  I imagined groups of people falling before my mighty "punch in the face."  I wrote a lot in my journal.  At the moment I am far too tired to worry about adding more.  Tomorrow I will go through my notes and give you a far more humorous version.  Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did.............


After all of that we were at least able to sleep for most of the day before attending a dinner with a whirlwind of French speaking (see point 1. in my previous post) and it included all the things that should be had in France.  Meats, cheeses, French bread, copious amounts of wine, cognac, strawberries and dessert.  That was incredibly satisfying.  This trip has finally started, no thanks to United Airlines.  If they are wondering at any point, I can let them know where they can shove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment