Living in such a vibrant city, as Boston, I tend to run into some delightfully colorful characters even on my commute home. I do not drive. I take the ever popular Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority right to my front door. Each day is like opening a new present when I step through the doors of the clean and fragrant Green Line train. So you can imagine my excitement when, on my way home from work late at night, a group of inebriated, apparently underage, people burst through the doors and positioned themselves around me, and my Asian friend (of the blog I'm Asian, Your Not).
This is a commonplace sighting on the MBTA (or the T as we affectionately call it), so I was not at all surprised. I think my friend's comment summed up the whole experience for me.
"If they vomit on me, I am going to vomit right back."
In this entry, I am going to attempt to fulfill one of their wishes: (said in drunk girl who thinks she's sexy voice) "Guys, I am going to write about all of this in my journal, and it is going to be legendary, lolz lolz." Legendary maybe. How proud you must be.
Here is a list of things that they said that we just couldn't believe:
- "I'm only seventeen....and that makes you sixteen, and you fifteen, and you fourteen..."
- "What does cliche mean?" (answer: Youth is wasted on the young.)
- "She can suck all of our dicks." (said by a girl)
- "Sorry my mom doesn't give me money because I dropped out of high school." (It's a vicious cycle)
And afterwards he said this:
"Guys, I'm so embarassing. Everyone just saw my batman underwear! And if they didn't then they just heard about it. WHAT UP." (!!!!!!)
This is a subculture I like to call "We do it because the TV told us to." On TV there is very little mention of teenagers having normal happy lives that don't include running rampant and doing everything that people over the age of thirty tell them not to. In fact it is all just the opposite.
Now, I am not about to go on a rant about TV and how it is messing up today's youth, and all shows should be banned, because people kissing implies that they are going to have sex later, and a dirty look is just as good as a gunshot. I was always one to know the difference between entertainment and real life. In entertainment (for those who don't know...and I know you are out there) everything is taken to the extreme, because no one wants to watch the rainbow filled story of a perfectly balanced teenager doing exactly what he/she should do to be healthy and happy. BORING. WE NEED PAIN TO BE ENTERTAINED. This does not mean that you have to inflict it upon yourself and others in real life once you leave the warmth of your living room. Grow up. Please! At least...eventually.


heh. the end part reminds me of a quote by nny (from johnny the homicidal manic... what 15 year old goth kids read but heyy it's amusing): "Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid. Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!"
ReplyDeleteword. i wish all the people who thoaught videogames were ruining the children would shut the fuck up. it's way more likely that your children sucked way before Grand Theft Auto, you whiny bitchess.
thoaught(??) = thought*
ReplyDeletealso i like the dick quote.