Monday, November 9, 2009

Fall Colors!

Just a brief post to show everyone some of the fantastic colors that have been showing up on the trees of Boston. This fall we have been very lucky. Usually we will have colors for only a couple of days before we get a huge storm that blows all the leaves away and we are all sad in a world of bare trees.

I will begin with my two favorite sunsets beginning in August. The first is from the reservoir near our apartment. The second is the Charles River.

Next is a series of trees. The first is a lone yellow tree that looked lovely next to the pond in the Public Garden.


This is a cluster of trees from across the pond.

The island in the middle of the pond



This tree was a huge standout. Really the most colorful thing...


The leaves had fallen from the previous tree. It was like a field of flowers....

General Washington surrounded by all the colors.


There you have it folks. Autumn in Boston for your viewing pleasure.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving us a virtual tour of Fall colors, which James & I have not experienced this year because of being on the road in places where there aren't very many (the southwest).

    I especially liked the picture of the leaves on the ground. Very artful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh gosh I'm so jealous! Gorgeous photos, make me a nostalgic for home!

    ReplyDelete