My most recent subjects have been plantlife that I see in Boston and elsewhere. I think this is because I have always been drawn to the interesting shapes that trees can make, probably due to my early introduction to nature, and my father's ongoing love of woodworking. Recently I had some time to kill, and decided to spend it wandering through the Boston Public Garden finding pretty things to document. Below are some of my favorite examples. Click to see a larger image.
There are several more that I quite like, but I think I will load the whole album onto facebook, so it can be viewed there. This is just a show of the ones I was especially proud of. Let me know which ones you like best!
EDIT: The larger images are huge. In case you already are not aware of this, if you are using Firefox you can zoom out by going to View, and then Zoom. From there you can find the keyboard shortcut if desired.


i enjoy these photographs. well done. i especially like the one with the tree with the bark and the one under it with just the bark. slash where is that tree with the crazy branches?!?! SHOULD HAVE PUT THAT ON MY BUCKET LIST!
ReplyDeleteI like the one with the purple-colored berries (cherries?) the best.
ReplyDeleteTraycie: Tree with crazy branches is in the public garden. Never saw it before. It is called a Weeping Pagoda. Right up your alley. P.S. Don't you love it when people spell your name wrong?
ReplyDeleteCam: Berries I guess. They were connected to a plant of some kind. I like that one too. I got a lot of funny looks as I tried to get the angle on it. Pretty much the whole day was full of weird looks. That's one of the things I love about impromptu photography. Haha.